Summer Science Fest: Sharks & Friends
Saturday, August 8, 2020 10:00 AM — 2:00 PM
Wear your favorite shark or JAWS attire and kick off Shark Week with special activities celebrating sharks and other animals that lurk beneath the surface.
- Enjoy an ocean-themed story time reading (11:00am and 12:30pm)
- Explore biofacts, including a real megalodon tooth, shark jaw, fish skeleton, sea turtle shell and replicas of other ancient marine life (11:45am and 1:30pm)
- Meet a live alligator and terrapin (10:30am – 11:15am and 12:45pm – 1:30pm)
- Test your shark smarts with a trivia game
- Walk the plank among “circling” shark fins
- Explore shells from around the world in A World of Shells
- Peek beneath the surface of the ocean in A Walk Through Time in Georgia
- Take home a free crab hat (quantities limited, while supplies last, max: 1 per person, 2 per family)
- Snap a photo at a Shark Photo Op
- Check out cool shark merchandise in the Museum Store, including shark teeth, books, plush toys and more
Cost: Included with museum admission. Members FREE.
Space is limited and advance online ticket reservations are required for members and non-members.
Check out more Summer Science Fest activities.