Fernbank Museum Announces Schedule of 2017 Annual Family Fun Events
Favorites Such as Pirate Day and Dinosaur Birthday Bash Return, as Well as All-New Events
ATLANTA, January 12, 2017 – The holiday fun may have come and gone, but celebrations continue throughout 2017 at Fernbank Museum with plans for 20 themed family events. Visitors are invited to join Fernbank for popular annual events such as Pirate Day and Spring EGG-Stravanganza, as well as enjoying new events specific to special exhibitions, films and the great outdoors. Brand new events include Wild Weather Day on February 4, Engineering Day on March 4 and Earth Day Celebration on April 22. Additional details will be coming soon for each of these exciting event days.
Fernbank encourages guests to mark their calendars for the annual events listed below and keep an eye out as all-new, science-based events are announced throughout the year*.
- Pirate Day, January 14, 2017 – Set sail for a swashbuckling adventure at Fernbank's first family event of 2017! You'll be a landlubber no more as you navigate pirate-themed crafts and games, enjoy a visit from the Atlanta Pirate and Wenches Guild and get up close with over 15 species of parrots. Pirate costumes are encouraged.
- Spring EGG-stravanganza, April 8, 2017 – This festive event is the perfect way for families to welcome spring with opportunities to meet live baby animals, find prize-filled eggs, play fun games, participate in special activities and more.
- Archaeology Day, May 20, 2017 – Guests will celebrate Georgia Archaeology Awareness month with archaeology-themed crafts, activities and special demonstrations.
- Robots Day, June 3, 2017 – Visitors will investigate the wonders of artificial intelligence through a host of robot-themed games, demonstrations and activities.
- Reptile Day, July 8, 2017 – Come face to face with live reptiles and amphibians at Fernbank's Reptile Day! Visitors will learn about and interact with unique creatures, including snakes, tortoises, lizards and more.
- Dinosaur Birthday Bash, August 19, 2017 – Stomp, chomp, growl and party like a dinosaur at this annual event celebrating the birthday of Fernbank's Giants of the Mesozoic exhibit, featuring the world's largest dinosaurs. Guests will enjoy a day filled with dinosaur and birthday-themed activities, including games, crafts hands-on activities and more.
- Fernbank BOO-seum, October 28, 2017 – Follow the screams of delight to a day of frighteningly fun Halloween-themed activities including treats for kids in costume, games, music and more.
- Adventures in Science Day, November 4, 2017 – Guests will learn what it's like to be a scientist and explore different scientific fields. Opportunities include conversations with scientists and community volunteers, learning more about sciences through hands-on activities and more.
All family day activities are included with Museum admission which is $18 for adults, $17 for seniors, $16 for children ages 3-12 and free for children ages 2 and under and Museum members.
*All events, dates and activities are subject to change.