Fernbank hosts Superhero Day to celebrate SUPER dads this Father’s Day
ATLANTA– Fernbank Museum of Natural History will celebrate Father’s Day by hosting Superhero Day on Sunday, June 17. The family event will take place from noon to 4pm, and it will feature games, hands-on activities, a costume contest and much more. Fernbank invites you to come out to Superhero Day dressed as your favorite superhero and ready to enjoy a fun-filled day honoring the special hero in your life.
Costume Contest, presented by Cartoon Network
- Enter our costume contest to show off those super costumes. You must sign up before 2pm to be entered.
- Prizes will be awarded for “Best Overall Kid’s Costume” and “Best Family Costume” (yes parents, we want you to dress up too!).Winners will be announced at 3pm, and prizes will be provided by Cartoon Network.
- Noon to 4pm
- Enjoy Cartoon Network-themed crafts and coloring sheets. Be sure to stop by the Cartoon Network giveaway table to pick up a cool prize!
Feats of Strength Game Corner
- Noon to 4pm, Great Hall
- Show off your super skills while enjoying a variety of fun games for kids of all ages.
Costumed Characters Sponsored by Dragon*Con 2012
- Noon to 3pm, Great Hall
- It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s some of your favorite heroes (maybe even a villain of two).
- 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, Auditorium (Limited Seating)
- Don’t miss this great opportunity to check out new episodes of some of Cartoon Networks most popular shows.
Mini Hero Craft
- Noon to 4pm, Great Hall
- Make your own mini superhero to take home with you! (This activity involves some small parts. Parental supervision is required.)
Radio Disney Street Team
- 1pm to 3pm, Great Hall
- Enjoy music, games and prizes with our friends from Radio Disney AM 590!
The Georgia Bubbleman
- Noon to 3pm, Dinosaur Entrance Plaza
- Enjoy bubble fun with the talented bubble performer!
How to Create a Superhero, by Terminus Media
- Time TBD, Auditorium (Limited Seating).
- Terminus Media will show you how to create a superhero and develop a great story featuring your super creation!
Superhero Day is presented as part of Fernbank’s annual 97 Days of Play summer series.
All Superhero Day activities are included with museum admission and are free for members. Museum tickets are $17.50 for adults, $16.50 for students/seniors, $15.50 for children ages 3-12, free for children ages two and younger, and free for museum members.
Fernbank Museum of Natural History is located at 767 Clifton Road NE in Atlanta. For visitor information, or to purchase tickets, please visit fernbankmuseum.org/97days or call 404.929.6300.