Fernbank Museum Celebrates Independence Day with
Free Admission for Active and Retired Military
ATLANTA—In appreciation for their service to our country, Fernbank Museum will offer free Museum admission to all military personnel (active and retired) on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.* Additionally, dependents of military personnel are eligible to purchase discounted tickets with Fernbank’s military discount ($4 off Value Pass tickets). Offers must be redeemed in person at the Museum’s Box Office.
A few highlights of activities to enjoy this holiday week:
- Become a “scat specialist” or a “dung detective” by visiting the highly humorous and scientific special exhibition,The Scoop on Poop.
- Explore the great outdoors INDOORS (and with air conditioning) in the award-winning permanent exhibition, Fernbank NatureQuest.
- See the world’s largest dinosaurs in Giants of the Mesozoic, and meet several other dinosaur species throughout the Museum.
- Catch a flick on the biggest screen in town in Fernbank's IMAX® Theatre. Now showing:To The Arctic and Greece: Secrets of the Past. (IMAX® ticket purchase required.)
- For the grown-ups, kick start your weekend in style Friday, July 6 with Fernbank's Martinis & IMAX®, featuring live music by Derryl Rivers and the Flying Circus. (Standard Martinis & IMAX rates apply.)
Fernbank Museum will be open with regular business hours on July 4 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Museum is located at 767 Clifton Road, NE in Atlanta. For visitor information, visit fernbankmuseum.org or call 404.929.6300.
*Free Museum admission available for active or retired military only, with valid ID. IMAX® admission not included. Military dependents must purchase tickets separately. Offer valid July 4, 2012 only. Code: Military-M-FREE2012.