Family Activity Day Helpers
To provide support during Fernbankfamily activity days, drop-in programming, and member events by assisting with games for children, crafts, and educational programming.
Dates and times vary. For family activity days (such as Dinosaur Egg Hunt and Superhero Day), times will generally run 9:30am to 2:30pm on weekdays and Saturdays or 11:30am to 4:30pm on Sundays. Additional weekend support will be needed on non-activity days. Refer to the Museum's online calendar of events for a list of upcoming dates.
- Provide customer service to Museum guests
- Provide general event support as needed and based on each event
- Duties include, but are not limited to: assisting with crafts (cutting, coloring, pasting), helping with games, escorting mascots, or interpreting displays
- Assist with event set-up and break-down as needed
- Other duties to be determined based on each event
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outgoing, ability to interact with guests of various ages
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with the public
- Compliance with Museum policies and procedures
- Some roles may require sitting or standing for up to 4 hours; moderate level of fitness required
- Background or prior experience working with children preferred, but not required