Enjoy the wonder of nature in the heart of the city in WildWoods. An elevated walkway takes you from the Museum’s terrace into the treetops where you can enjoy stunning views from one of 2 tree pods. From there, guests can tailor their experiences:
- Explore immersive and interactive exhibits for children (Nature Stories) and tweens (Adventure Outpost).
- See adventure turn to art in the Nature Gallery, featuring permanent installations and rotating special exhibits.
- Get a closer look at nature through special trailside experiences, including a sensory wall, animal tracks and tree molds.
- Look for a variety of native plants, flowers and wildlife as the trails take you along the creek toward the wetlands meadow and wildlife sanctuary.
- Take advantage of drop-in programs in the education pavilion and educator-led nature walks.*
- New for Summer! Experience the wonders of nature on Fernbank’s giant 4-story screen with Backyard Wilderness 2D, and enjoy hands-on nature adventures outside in WildWoods. Learn more
WildWoods offers all-season nature experiences for all ages and provides direct access to Fernbank Forest.
Cost: Included with Museum admission. Members always free!
WildWoods is open year-round, rain or shine, but may be closed due to inclement weather.
*Schedule varies. See the “Today at Fernbank” sign when you arrive for availability.