Do the kids have warm-weather wiggles to work out? We’ve got the cure! Here are the top 10 reasons to spend spring break at Fernbank Museum.
10. Take a VIP tour. Download the newly updated Fernbank App to guide you through the Museum and discover more in-depth information about exhibitions. It’s like a pocket guide to Fernbank!
9. Grab your baskets. Hop on over for Fernbank’s Dinosaur Egg Hunt (April 12), featuring age-appropriate timed egg hunts, thousands of prize-filled eggs, special activities, and more.
8. Get hands-on. Special hands-on programming will be offered in the Naturalist Center. Activities vary from animal encounters to science explorations and more. Dates and time vary; look for the “Today at Fernbank” sign when you arrive for specific details.
7. Go star gazing. Explore the nighttime sky in The Star Gallery, a unique space featuring 542 twinkling stars.
6. Experience a close encounter of the dinosaur kind. Come face-to-face with the world’s largest dinosaurs, Argentinosaurus and Giganotosaurus, in the permanent exhibition Giants of the Mesozoic.
5. Explore the great outdoors INDOORS. Fernbank NatureQuest turns kids into explorers, scientists and adventurers through hundreds of hands-on activities, live animal displays and engaging encounters.
4. Treat yourself to an island adventure. Discover an extraordinary world above and below the sea in Journey to the South Pacific, now showing in Fernbank’s IMAX® Theatre.
3. Meet nature’s greatest explorers. The new film Island of Lemurs: Madagascar journeys to a world beyond imagination, filled with strange creatures you will never forget. (Opens April 4)
2. Have a whale of a time. Explore the wonderful world of whales inside-out in the new exhibition Whales: Giants of the Deep.
1. Enjoy FREE Museum admission. Become a Fernbank member and enjoy an entire year of free Museum admission, discounts on IMAX® tickets and more. Family levels start at $120.
Fernbank’s summer series 97 Day of Play returns in May with an incredible line-up of special programming including Island Adventure Day (May 31), Superhero Day (June 15), Reptile Day (July 12), Dinosaur Birthday Bash (August 23) and more!